As low as $32.00 Per Month
- Month to Month Coverage & Payments that Don’t Change*
- Backed by an A Rated Insurance Company
- Turn Coverage On & Off at Your Will**
- On-Site Repairs at Campgrounds, RV Parks, or Wherever You RV***
- No Large Upfront Commitment
- 24/7 RV Technical and Roadside Assistance Included
- Food Spoilage Coverage Included
* monthly fee remains the same for as long as your contract is active, fee may change if you stop paying or cancel your contract
** when repairs are possible on-site, we will complete them at your location of choice, including campgrounds, RV parks, etc.
*** stop and start at your convenience but your price may change each time you restart, and you will have to pay the start-up fee
- WATER HEATER COMPONENTS: Burner Assembly, Tank, Thermostat, Thermocouple, Gas Valve, Electronic Ignition Assembly, and Printed Circuit Boards.
- WASTE SYSTEM COMPONENTS: Shower, Toilet (Except Electrical Toilets), Sinks, Holding Tanks, Gate Valves, and Connections.
- FRESH WATER SYSTEM COMPONENTS: Water Pump, Compressor, Water Tanks, Water Lines, Traps, Fittings, and Faucets.
- CENTRAL/ROOF C. COMPONENTS (Central Air or Roof Mounted 110V): Compressor, Evaporator, Capacitors, Relays, Thermostat, Condenser, and Fans.
- RANGE AND OVEN COMPONENTS: Burner Assembly, Thermostat, Thermocouple, Burner Valve, Microwave Oven, Power Hood, and Printed Circuit Board
- L.P. GAS SYSTEM COMPONENTS: Regulators, Gas Bottles (Except Valves and Gauges), Mounting Brackets, Pigtails, and L.P. Lines and Fitting
- HEATING SYSTEM COMPONENTS: Furnace, Igniter, Burner Assembly, Thermocouple, Gas Valve, Thermostat, Blower Motor, and Printed Circuit Board
- REFRIGERATOR COMPONENTS: Thermostat, Thermocouple, Cooling Unit Compressor and Evaporator, Condenser, Fans, Burner Assembly, Igniter, and Printed Circuit Board
- AUXILIARY POWERPLANT/GENERATOR COMPONENTS: All internal, Lubricated Parts of the Powerplant Engine; Starter; Switches; Generator Assembly; Head; Power Converter; Printed Circuit Boards; Inverter; Voltage Regulator; and Gauges, Solar Power Components.
- LIFT CRANK SYSTEM COMPONENTS: Crank Handle, Winch, Corner Lifters, Cables, and Wind Brace
- SLIDE OUT COMPONENTS: All of the Mechanical, Electrical, and Hydraulic Components of the Slide-Out Room(s) and Raised Roof Extension System.
- LEVELING SYSTEM COMPONENTS: All Mechanical, Hydraulic, and Electrical Components of the Leveling System.
- PREFERRED COMPONENT PACKAGE: Electrical Outlets (excludes wiring); Factory Installed Television (maximum of 2, not to exceed 42”); Factory Installed VCR, VCP, and DVD Players; Factory Installed AM/FM/Radio/Cassette/CD Players (not to exceed $3000 aggregate repair or replacement cost); Alarm Sensors; Carbon Monoxide/Smoke Detectors; and Mechanical Awnings. Central Vacuum, Fireplace, up to 4 TVs, TV(s) up to 60”, Full-Size Appliances, Garbage Disposal, Upgraded Lighting (e.g. Track Lights), Washer/Dryer, Dishwasher, Electric/Power Awnings Motor and Switch, Bluetooth/Wi-Fi/USB Ports, Factory Installed Navigation Systems, Roof TV Antenna and Head, Antenna Motors, Manual or Automated Rotators, Heads-Up Display, Satellite Radio, Satellite System, Factory Installed Web TV, Factory Installed Rear Stereo System (Speakers Excluded), Factory Installed External Entertainment System (Speakers Excluded), and Factory Installed Wireless Modem.
- SEALS AND GASKETS: Seals and Gaskets coverage applies to all of the above listed Covered Components.
- SUSPENSION COMPONENTS: Wheel Bearings, Coil and Leaf Springs, Spindle and Axle Shafts.
- BRAKE SYSTEM COMPONENTS: Master Cylinder, Hydraulic or Electrical Brake Actuator, Wheel Cylinders, and Backing Plates
In addition to the items listed above, this Service Contract will cover necessary repairs to all of the mechanical and electrical parts of Your RV except for those items listed under “F. WHAT IS NOT COVERED.” HOUSE COVERAGE includes the items listed for coverage under the HOUSE COVERAGE, but does not include items or benefits listed under the remaining options or surcharges.
- RV TECHNICAL ASSISTANCE: When You find yourself in a position where You need some guidance or assistance with a technical component of your RV, we’ll be there to answer your questions with trained RVIA, ASE Certified Mechanics on call to assist. If You need assistance pertaining to the operation of Your RV, the Technical Assistance Hotline is available to You 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Technical Assistance is limited to instruction regarding the operation of those components, appliances, and equipment outlined in the Owner’s Manual of Your RV.
- TOWING: Your vehicle will be towed to the nearest qualified repair center or repair center of your choice, within the same distance from your current location, up to a limit of $300. Towing services may only be used in the event of an emergency roadside event or a mechanical breakdown within a campground or RV Park. A qualified repair center is one that is qualified to properly provide service on your RV or Auto. Vehicle Accidents are not covered with this benefit. Commercial use vehicles are not covered with this benefit unless COMMERCIAL USE was selected upon purchase.
- LOCKOUTS: If You are locked out of Your eligible vehicle, We will deliver locksmith services to Your RV and provide assistance in the opening of Your locked vehicle, up to a limit of $100. If You call us and We cannot dispatch service, our telephone representative will authorize You to call a local service provider and will give You an authorization number. You may then call the service provider of your choice and pay directly for services. You will be reimbursed for any charges directly related to the lockout event. Vehicle Accidents are not covered with this benefit. Commercial use vehicles are not covered with this benefit unless COMMERCIAL USE was selected upon purchase.
- MOBILE MECHANIC: Should Your RV require mobile mechanic assistance for an immobilizing event such as; stuck leveling jacks, stuck slider, bad alternator, etc., if a qualified mobile mechanic is within 80 miles, We will dispatch a qualified Mobile Mechanic to your location. You are responsible for any and all repair and parts fees. Vehicle Accidents are not covered with this benefit. Commercial use vehicles are not covered with this benefit unless COMMERCIAL USE was selected upon purchase.
- BATTERY SERVICE: A jumpstart or minor emergency mechanical adjustments will be applied to start Your RV at the point of disablement, up to a $100 limit. Vehicle Accidents are not covered with this benefit. Commercial use vehicles are not covered with this benefit unless COMMERCIAL USE was selected upon purchase.
- TIRE SERVICE: We will repair your damaged tire. If Your damaged tire is non-repairable, We will install your inflated spare. If You do not have a spare, or if Your spare is flat, or if a replacement tire is required, We will bring a replacement tire(s) out to You, up to a limit of $300. You are responsible for any and all repair and parts fees. Vehicle Accidents are not covered with this benefit. Commercial use vehicles are not covered with this benefit unless COMMERCIAL USE was selected upon purchase.
- FLUID DELIVERY: An emergency supply of gasoline, diesel, diesel exhaust fluid, oil, water, or other materials or parts will be delivered to Your RV in cases of immediate need, up to a $100 limit. You are responsible for the cost of the liquids, parts, or materials delivered. Vehicle Accidents are not covered with this benefit. Commercial use vehicles are not covered with this benefit unless COMMERCIAL USE was selected upon purchase.
- WINCHING: We will extricate Your RV from a ditch, snow, mud or sand. The RV or vehicle must be within 100ft. of a properly maintained road. This benefit will provide extraction services up to the benefit limit of $300. This benefit cannot be used for everyday snow removal. Service providers must have a safe and solid position from which to work. Vehicle Accidents are not covered with this benefit. Commercial use vehicles are not covered with this benefit unless COMMERCIAL USE was selected upon purchase.
- FOOD SPOILAGE: In the event of a refrigerator Failure resulting in a Covered Repair, We will reimburse You for food and beverages that spoil. The maximum benefit amount is $250 per occurrence, with one occurrence per year, during the term of this Contract. This benefit does not apply to icemaker Failures. To receive reimbursement for spoiled food and beverages, You must provide the Administrator with (a) an itemized list of food and beverages lost due to the lack of refrigeration and (b) proof of purchase for the replaced food and beverages. Vehicle Accidents are not covered with this benefit. Commercial use vehicles are not covered with this benefit unless COMMERCIAL USE was selected upon purchase.
SURCHARGES AND OPTIONAL COVERAGE
- INSTALLED AFTERMARKET ELECTRONICS: Subject to the terms and conditions herein, if You selected and paid the INSTALLED AFTERMARKET ELECTRONICS option, this Contract will cover the following Aftermarket electronic items only if those items are both (a) installed on the RV and (b) listed under the level of coverage or optional coverage You selected on the first page of this Contract: TVs (size and quantity are contingent on the coverage and options You selected), Navigation Systems, AM/FM/Radio/Cassette/CD Players (not to exceed $3000 aggregate repair or replacement cost), DVD Players, Wireless Modem, Wireless Router, Back-Up Cameras, Satellite Dish, and Satellite Dish Receiver.
- PERMANENT RESIDENCE: If You selected and paid the PERMANENT RESIDENCE surcharge, You may occupy Your RV as a Permanent Residence under this Contract.
WHAT IS NOT COVERED
In accordance with the coverage, surcharges, and optional coverage You selected on the front page of this Service Contract, any part not specifically listed under “F. WHAT IS NOT COVERED” is not covered. In addition, this Service Contract does not apply to the following:
- Any repair that has not received prior authorization from the Administrator. This exclusion does not apply to emergency repairs performed outside of the Administrator’s business hours.
- The repair or replacement of any component that was not properly operating in accordance with manufacturer’s specifications at the time this Service Contract was sold (i.e. pre-existing conditions).
- Any RV with a branded title (e.g. salvage, junk, rebuilt, total loss, flood, fire, or gray market).
- Any RV that has been repurchased by or had its price renegotiated with the manufacturer.
- Any RV that has had the manufacturer’s warranty revoked or voided. This exclusion does not apply if (a) the manufacturer’s warranty was voided because You are using Your RV as a Permanent Residence and (b) You selected and paid the PERMANENT RESIDENCE surcharge in conjunction with the application of an USED RV.
- The repair, modification, or replacement of any component that has not Failed, as defined by this Contract.
- Damage due to the alteration, modification, or use of Your RV in a manner not recommended by the manufacturer, including the use of “non-stock” or modified parts.
- Any Mechanical Breakdown covered by an insurance entity, the manufacturer’s warranty or recall, or that has a warranty or “repairer’s guarantee” through a repair facility. Additionally, if an insurance entity, the manufacturer, or repair facility notifies You that they will monetarily participate in a repair that has been authorized and paid by Us, then We will exercise Our right to recover the respective amount.
- Any Failure caused by (a) normal wear and tear; (b) Your failure to provide the proper maintenance to the Failed part or parts; (c) overheating, regardless of the cause of overheating; (d) incorrect, contaminated or inadequate amounts of coolant, lubricants, or fluids; (e) accidental loss or damage, impact, collision or upset, falling missiles or objects, rust, corrosion, fire, theft, larceny, explosion, lightning, earthquake, wind storm, hail, water, salt, flood, freezing, environmental damage, malicious mischief, vandalism, riot, or civil commotion; or (f) CUSTOMER NEGLIGENCE OR MISUSE, INCLUDING THE OPERATION OF AN IMPAIRED RV.
- Cosmetic damage or cosmetic related repairs (e.g. scratches, nicks, dents, or tears).
- Body components or repairs related to the body of the RV (e.g. awning covers, bumpers, lenses, glass, sky lights, paint, convertible or vinyl tops, sheet metal, outside ornamentation, frame or structural body parts, air or water leaks, wind noise, weather strips, squeaks or rattles, trim, upholstery, carpet, or mats).
- Electronic components that are neither OEM nor installed by the Factory. This exclusion does not apply to the following items when the INSTALLED AFTERMARKET ELECTRONICS option was selected and paid on the Contract sale date.
- The following, unless required in conjunction with a Covered Repair: upgrades, adjustments, alignments, oil, fluids, greases, lubricants, or refrigerant.
- Maintenance services and parts described in the manufacturer’s maintenance schedule for Your RV NOTE: During the term of this Service Contract, it may become necessary to replace filters, adjust belts, clean cooling systems, and maintain or replace items not specifically covered under this Service Contract. These aforementioned services and replacements are required because of normal wear and usage—they are Your responsibility. Costs for these services and parts are not covered by this Service Contract.
- Any expenses associated with shop supplies, materials charges, hazardous waste charges, diagnosis time (where a Covered Mechanical Breakdown has not occurred), freight charges, or storage charges.
- Any RV used for the following purposes: Permanent Residence when the PERMANENT RESIDENCE surcharge was not selected and paid; towing, unless the RV is equipped with a Factory installed or Factory authorized tow package.
- Any of the following items: (a) batteries and battery cables; (b) tires, wheels/rims, and shock absorbers; (c) fasteners, nuts, bolts, clips, screws, washers; (d) fuses, circuit breakers, and bulbs; (e) speakers, game consoles, all touch screen and/or voice activated accessories including related display screens, voice recognition systems, and remote control consoles; (f) brake linings, rotors, and drums; (g) drive belts, hoses, molded rubber, molding, and rubber-like items; and (h) cellular phones.
- Any of the following repairs or replacements: (a) flooring, carpet, upholstery, bedding; (b) wood framing, carpentry, woodwork, millwork; (c) walls, ceilings, paint, wall coverings; (d) deficiencies in finishes, de-lamination or discoloration of any material; (e) tile or grouting; (f) doors, louvers, vents; (g) sheet metal, siding, trim; (h) roof or roofing materials; (i) weather-strips, caulking, sealants, adhesives; (j) windows, glass or glass treatments, glazing, shades or draperies; (k) cabinets, vanities, countertops, racks or shelves, hardware; (l) inside or outside ornamentation, bright metal or chrome; (m) hose washers, loose connections; and (n) filters.
- Any of the following items: (a) engine components; (b) turbocharger/supercharger; (c) transmission components; (d) drive axle components; (e) steering components; (f) brake components; (g) chassis electrical components; (h) chassis air conditioner components; (i) front and rear suspension components; (j) fuel delivery components; (k) chassis cooling components; (l) chassis seals and gaskets; and (m) chassis entertainment components.
- Any losses resulting from delays, labor strikes, loss of time, inconvenience, or other causes beyond the control of the Administrator, Selling Company, or repair facility.
- The repair or replacement of any Covered Component that has been damaged by a non-Covered Component or an improper repair.
- The repair or replacement of any non-Covered Component damaged as a result of the Failure of a Covered Component. This exclusion does not apply to non-covered mechanical or electrical components if the CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGE option was selected and paid at the time this Contract was sold.
- Repairs or replacements made outside the United States and Canada or if the RV is registered outside the United States and Canada.
We understand you have questions and have compiled some that we believe are most prevalent.
Please contact us if there are other questions you may have.
You may cancel your contract–no questions asked–within 30 days of purchase. After that point, you may cancel at any time and your contract will terminate at the end of the current month.
In order to provide the opportunity to turn coverage “on and off” and to provide the best levels of service as well as ensure we can provide repair services immediately after your 30 day/1000 mile wait period, we collect this to maintain proper claim reserves to serve you today and in the future.
Yes, RV Service Shield is fully backed by an “A” rated Insurance Company and we’re very proud of that fact.
Yes, because this is sold directly to you the RV owner, and to minimize costs from burdensome inspections, we have a 30 day/1000 mile wait period.
We have built our program knowing that some RV owners do not use their RV outside of the summer camping season. With that in mind, we allow you stop your coverage by simply not paying a month’s fees. You may do this at any time.
No. There aren’t any penalties or fees for starting and stopping your coverage. Once coverage is stopped, however, if you would like to start coverage again, you will have to pay the start-up fee again and your RV will have to be reassessed and may have a new monthly fee.
No, sorry this product is not available for purchase in Alaska, California, Florida, Washington, or Massachusetts.
Yes, please take a look at our Motorized RV’s – Total Coverage program here – https://rvserviceshield.com/product/motorized-rvs-total-coverage/
We sure do, we cover all types of RVs. If you are going to live in your Tiny Home more than 4 months out of the year, be sure to select the “Yes, I live in my RV over 120 days per year” or you risk claims being denied.
We sure do, we cover all types of RVs.
You can see a list of what is covered as well as what is not covered while obtaining a quote. This is a direct excerpt from the contract itself, please refer to your contract for complete terms and conditions. Take a look in the “description” area towards the bottom of each product page.
By providing on-site repair services whenever possible, we believe in keeping you camping as much as possible. This practice also keeps you from having to spend unnecessary time waiting for a dealership appointment or dealership services.
Our team has extensive RV Industry experience. We believe RV owners purchase RV’s to enjoy the outdoors and the ability to be free from a sedentary lifestyle. Unfortunately, we believe the industry has not kept up with the RV Outdoors movement. We understand that you purchased your RV to make camping a little comfortable. We also understand that many of you have purchased your RV as an alternative living situation. By providing affordable protection with services performed on-site, we believe we are providing RV owners the ability to enjoy their Outdoors time and RV Lifestylers the ability to “not pack up” their homes, in order to get repairs.